What is Realtime Service?
As a Deposition or Arbitration meeting participant, the primary benefit of Realtime Service is having instant translation of a Court Reporter’s writing in the form of a digital transcript of the meeting proceedings. This allows you to instantly...
- Stream and share case information
- Improve accuracy--transcript errors can be corrected as they happen in real-time
Access Realtime Services
Court Reporters must have licenses to whichever Realtime service selected for use.
After Court Reporters join a meeting (i.e., Deposition or Arbitration) that has the Realtime functionality, they will be able to select between the options to use CaseCatalyst, Eclipse CAT or No Realtime service.
- All Court Reporters (Calloquy or Other) will receive prompt automatically upon entering the meeting.
- If the incorrect URL, session code or password is entered, Court Reporters can use the Reset Realtime dropdown option from the toolbar of meeting. Meeting participants will receive notification of when access to the Realtime panel is available as the Court Reporter completes steps to reset Realtime service.
When Court Reporters select the CaseCatalyst option, they will be prompted to enter their session code and password to proceed.
As a Court Reporter, join the meeting (deposition or arbitration) through meeting invitation.
After selecting the CaseCatalyst button, enter in your session code and password for this session.
Click Continue button.
- Message appears indicating a successfully made connection.
- All other meeting participants can now see enabled Realtime icon in their bottom toolbars and may click it to connect and view the transcript also.
Click the Realtime button in the bottom toolbar.
CaseViewNet window with participant information, including the session code and password is pre-populated. Click Connect.
View the Realtime feed in the side panel.
CaseCatalyst Transcript Setting Options
The following Size, Color, Font, and Line option settings are recommended for optimal viewing of the transcript when using the CaseCatalyst Realtime access option:
Eclipse CAT Option
When Court Reporters select the Eclipse CAT option, they will be prompted to enter their session URL to connect to the Realtime services.
- As a Court Reporter, join the meeting (deposition or arbitration) through meeting invitation.
- Click the Eclipse CAT button.
- Paste the session URL and click Continue.
Note: For invalid or mistyped URL links, an error message will appear; re-enter the URL.
- Check for message indicating a successfully made connection.
Note: All other meeting participants can now see enabled Realtime icon in their bottom toolbars and may click it to view the transcript also.
- Click the Realtime icon in the bottom toolbar.
- View transcript in the side panel.
Note: Sample content below has been blocked out intentionally.
No Realtime Service Option
- Option exists for No Realtime access in case the external Court Reporters do not have required license to use this feature.
- In the event that the Court Reporters close the window, etc., the Realtime icon in the bottom toolbar should still be available for them. If they have not already connected to CaseCatalyst or Eclipse CAT, then selecting the Realtime icon should reopen the prompt for them to select which Realtime service they would like to connect and use. If they have already connected to CaseViewNet or Eclipse CAT, selecting this icon will just open up the side panel.
Successful completion of the above to connect to CaseCatalyst or Eclipse CAT will then enable the Realtime icon in the toolbar for applicable participants based on role based permissions.